Thobias Raphael Mnyasenga is a holder of PhD in Constitutional and Administrative law, LL.M in Constitutional and Administrative law and LL.B. He is a lecturer, researcher and consultant with a background of more than ten years of professional training in jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, Administrative law, Local Government Law and Legal Research. He is the Head of Department of Constitutional and Administrative Law of the faculty of law at Mzumbe University; the Chairperson of the Faculty of Law Publication and Postgraduate studies Committee; the chair person of the board of governors of Mary Queen Technology College of Morogoro and a registered mediator and Arbitrator under the Tanzania Institute of Arbitrators.
Dr. Mnyasenga is currently the Head of Department of Constitutional and Administrative Law in the Faculty of Law at Mzumbe University and the chairman of the Faculty of Law Publication and Post graduate Studies Committee (PPC). He is also the Chairman of the Board of Governors of Mary Queen Technological College in Morogoro and a member of the Board of Bishop Adrian Mkoba secondary school in Morogoro. Dr. Mnyasenga is also a registered mediator and Arbitrator under the Tanzania Institute of Arbitrators.
He has made several publications including:
1) Revisiting Public Procurement Law in Tanzania. Published in BiLD Law Journal 4(2), 2019.
2) Administrative Legal Framework of Central-Local Government Relationship in Mainland Tanzania: Is It Tailored to Enhance Administrative Devolution and Local Autonomy?”Published in the International Review of Management and Business Research, Vol. 4 (3), September, 2015.
3) Local Government Reforms in Tanzania: Does the Legal Framework Inform Administrative Devolution and Relaxed Central-Local Government Controls? Published in the International Journal of Law, Education and Sports Studies (JLESS), Volume: 3, Issue 2, 2016 (Apr-June). ISSN: 2455-0418 (Print), 2394-9724 (online).
4) The Scope and Application of the Right to Presumption of Innocence in Tanzania. Published in the Reflection Medium, Africa Tomorrow. Vol. 16 / No. 1 / June 2014; ISSN 1821-8083. pp. 65-90.
5) Locating the Scope and Application of the Right to Presumption of Innocence in Tanzania. Published in the International Journal of Law, Education and Sports Studies (JLESS) Vol.2.Issue.4.2015 (Oct-Dec); ISSN: 2455-0418 (Print), 2394-9724 (online).pp.72-93.
6) Legal Framework of Central-local Government Administrative Relationship in Mainland Tanzania: a Paradox of Local Autonomy? Published in Vol.26, Issue No.1 of June, 2015 of Uongozi Journal of Management and Development Dynamics. ISSN 0856-1435.
Seminars and Workshops Facilitated/Attended:
He has also attended and facilitated several seminars and workshops including:
1) International Conference on the Best Practices in Arbitration and Alternative Dispure Resolution in Africa organized by SOAS in Partnership with Bannaga & Fadlabi LLP( Sudan) and African Institute of International Law (Arusha, Tanzania), February, 2019.
2) Training on Legal research Methodology Organized by the Faculty of Law in collaboration with the Directorate of Research, Publication and Post-graduate studies (DRPDS) and held at Mzumbe University in March, 2019
3) Training on the Conduct and procedure of Arbitration (ADR) organized by the National Construction Council (NCC) and the Tanzania Institute of Arbitrators, May, 2018.
4) Workshop on training of legal officers of local government councils and regional secretariat on the powers and procedures for making bylaws by local government authorities; Contract management and enforcement; private and public partnership (PPP) contracts; and, prosecution of cases by local government authorities in Courts of law, organized by Local Government Training Institute-Hombolo, June, 2018.
5) Training on Consultancy Skills and Project Management, organized by the School of Business studies and the Faculty of Law- Mumbe University, May, 2018.
6) Training on risk management and preparation of risk management register organized by the Mzumbe Management, April, 2018.
7) Workshop on training of the Southern African Regional Police Chief Council Organisation (SARPCCO) Women Network training conference on managing Sexual Harassment at workplace held on 17 to 19 May, 2017 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
8) Training on legal research Methodology organized by the Directorate of Research, Publication and Post-graduate studies (DRPDS) and held at Mzumbe University in 2017.
9) Training on legal research Methodology organized by the Directorate of Research, Publication and Post-graduate studies (DRPDS) and held at Mzumbe University in 2015.
10) Training on legal research Methodology organized by the Directorate of Research, Publication and Post-graduate studies (DRPDS) and held at Mzumbe University in 2014.
11) Advanced Training of Trainers (TOT) Course- Research and Training methods held at Mzumbe University, 2010.
12) Training of Trainers (TOT) course- Research and Training methods held at Mzumbe University, 2009.
13) Training on the protection of the rights of people with disabilities in Tanzania held at Morogoro Municipal Council June, 2015.
14) Workshop of training on the importance of observing the law of contract in informal business undertakings by small entrepreneurs in Morogoro region held in October, 2014.
15) Labour Law workshop on the current Employment and Labour Relations Laws in Tanzania conducted in June, 2008 at the Institute of Judicial Administration –Lushoto in Tanga Region.